Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Final

 Artist Statement


My theme for this series is the growth of coming out of seasonal depression. Starting in winter, when it’s worse and having it change seasons, coming out of the depression into a better mindset. This is an important subject to me because in Alaska during the winters, it gets very dark and we don’t get too many hours of sunlight. Other people along with myself struggle with seasonal depression, and it is something that is difficult to deal with. 


I will be showing this theme through my work in a six picture series, with the first picture being myself crouched down symbolizing the beginning of the struggle and slowly coming up looking better as I move through the pictures with the last photo symbolizing the growth through it all and finally being okay. I want the audience to understand the struggle and emotions that go through seasonal depression and how long it takes to come out of it.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Final

  Artist Statement My theme for this series is the growth of coming out of seasonal depression. Starting in winter, when it’s worse and havi...